Also known as the “City of Bay,” San Francisco (SF) is a popular tourist destination. It is a cultural, financial and commercial center in Northern California. The city is notorious for its hills, Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Alcatraz Island, and other attractions and landmarks. Study all the history of the town at the Golden Gate and sea lions at Pier 39. San Francisco is often cool and soggy, which means that you need to pack heavy and lead with sweaters and jumpers. However, don’t forget to put on a vest or t-shirt sun comes out during the day.
Whether you are staying for vacation or business, it is essential to book yourself the cheapest flights to the unique, vibrant city of San Francisco.
- COVID19 Travel Restrictions San Francisco.
Due to the global pandemic, there are few guidelines for travelers to meet. These include the following;
- As you prepare to visit San Francisco, be informed that as of August 2nd, 2021, every traveler is required to wear masks whether they are fully vaccinated or not. In addition, the Department of Public Health updated a health order to need face masks for everyone in San Francisco. Would you mind keeping your face mask on both inside public buildings?
- Wait to travel until you are fully vaccinated.
- If you are not fully immunized, you are required to quarantine for ten days.
- You are free to travel to San Francisco once you are fully vaccinated. However, it only applies two weeks after receiving your final dose.
- Fly to San Francisco.
If you are looking to fly cheap to San Francisco, be sure to book your flight at least two weeks before departure. That will give you an opening to possibly save up to 5% off of the regular ticket. However, it is opined that you book your ticket at least six months to 3 weeks before your flight to get the best discounts. The average rate during this time tends to be around $306. The high season in SA is considered to be November and December. Therefore, tickets tend to have a possible rise of up to 14% around this time.
You can select from three airports for your flight to SF: San Francisco International Airport (SFO), which is situated 13 miles south of downtown, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC), 45 miles South East of SA and Oakland International Airport (OAK), 21 miles South East of SA. Travelers tend to choose OAK and SFO due to their proximity to San Francisco’s destinations. In addition, San Francisco airports have their perks in the form of on-site amenities like cafes, fast food places, showers, souvenir shops, ironing facilities and nap rooms, designer boutiques and newsstands. In addition, you can travel by Bay Area Rapid Transport (BART) from SFO to your final destination. The train arrives every 30 minutes and may cost you about $ 10 to downtown.
January is the low-priced month to travel to San Francisco. The traffic during this month is low, and the flight rates are usually at an average of $ 271. If you are unable to travel in January, then your next best option is February. The most popular and cheapest airlines for flights to SF are LOT, Delta, United Airlines and Swiss airlines.